The late great Guitarist Wes Montgomery laid the foundation for all great Jazz guitarists who followed him. His tone, collaborations and choice of material has influenced generations of Jazz players you hear on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, regularly. One Night In Indy is out now on Resonance Records and I'll be playing it on Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. The CD represents the only recording of Montgomery playing with legendary Jazz Pianist Eddie Higgins, and w...
Latest News From NPR
- Calif. Restaurant Gives Diners Ocean View — Up Close
- We've Begun To Draw The Line, But It's Tough To Define Sexual Harassment
- International Community Sharply Criticizes North Korea's Rocket Launch
- Super Bowl 50 Tightens Cybersecurity
- South Korea, Allies Condemn North Korean Rocket Launch
- Clinton And Sanders Test New Campaign Tactics Ahead Of New Hampshire
- TV Ad-Spending Bonanza Revs Up In New Hampshire
- Australia Maintains Detention Policy For Boat-Traveling Refugees
- From Gangland To San Fran, Here's A Puzzle With A Grand Plan
- Love The Music Of Coen Brothers Films? You Can Thank Carter Burwell
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus.
On the Saturday, January 30 edition of The Local Take we speak with Bettianne Hart, board chair, Interfaith Children's Movement (ICM). Hear our conversation in the 7:00 a.m. hour. Their upcoming ICM Day at the Capitol happens on Wednesday, February 3, where they will lobby on behalf of the children in our community. Ms. Hart shares with us information about Rachel's Law which was passed in 2015, and why our community should support the passage of Senate Resolution 7 before this year's legisla...
Does what we eat impact our chances of developing cancer in our lifetime? Do certain foods protect us while others hurt us? Join JaQuitta Williams for the February edition of Your Health Connection, Wednesday, January 20 at 6:00 p.m. as we explore the links. JaQuitta will be joined in studio by Registered Dietician Kiki Smalley-Frazier, and we’ll take your questions, live. If we are what we eat, can you eat in a way to avoid cancer? What if you or a loved one is a cancer survivor? How and why...